Paris' Main Tourist Attractions That You Will Enjoy
So much to see on your travels and often too little time? So we have picked a list a top attractions for you. We know you will enjoy seeing them.
- Arc de Triomphe - Located in the middle of a roundabout at the top of the Champs Elysees. The tomb of the unknown soldier is underneath the Arch.
- Cite des Sciences - situated in la Villettte park to the Northwest of central Paris in the 19th eme, this is said to be the largest Science Museum in Europe.
- The Eiffel Tower - Gustave Eiffel was famous his steel erection built for the Universal Expo in 1889. It is located in the 7th eme within Champs de Mars and overlooking the river Seine.
- Hotel des Invalides - Louis XIV's designed and built this house as a place for the many veterans of his many many wars of conquest.
- The Louvre - The Louvre museum is a large and famous art museum in Paris that is housed in more than 40 acres of grounds.
- La Madeleine - Named after French woman, Napoleon built this as another monument to his victories.
- Musee d'Orsay - this riverside art museum was opened in December of 1986 but, was originally built as a railway station circa 1900.
- Notre Dame Cathedral - partially destroyed by fire 15 April 2019, this beautiful and most famous church in Paris is undergoing restoration.
- Place de la Concorde - This large large public square is located in Paris' 8th arrondissement at the end of Champs-Elysees.
- Pont Alexandre III - A most beautiful construction to visit for free gives you great vistas over the Seine.
- Sacre Coeur - This wonderful Church of the "Scared Heart" is one you cant miss when visiting the city.
- The Pompidou Centre - Georges Pompidou wanted to have somewhere built in his name that was of modern industrial design and a place for performing arts.